August 31, 2014 - 5.1.3:
- #1156: False failure with “Avoid unused private methods”
- #1187: double variable with AvoidDecimalLiteralsInBigDecimalConstructor
- #1228: UnusedPrivateMethod returns false positives
- #1230: UseCollectionIsEmpty gets false positives
- #1231: No Error Message on Missing Rule
- #1233: UnusedPrivateMethod: False positive : method called on returned object.
- #1234: Unused private methods still giving false positives in 5.1.3 snapshot
- #1235: scope dependencies in POM file
- #1239: StackOverflowError in AbstractTokenizer.parseString running CPD on >1MB JS file
- #1241: False+ AvoidProtectedMethodInFinalClassNotExtending
- #1243: Useless Parentheses False Positive
- #1245: False Positive for Law of Demeter
- #1246: False positive from MissingBreakInSwitch
- #1247: Not able to recognize JDK 8 Static Method References
- #1249: Regression: UnusedPrivateMethod from 5.0.5 to 5.1.2
- #1250: Method attribute missing for some violations
- #1251: UnusedPrivateMethod false positives for boxing & unboxing arguments
Feature Requests and Improvements:
- #1232: Make ShortClassName configurable
- #1244: FieldDeclarationsShouldBeAtStartOfClass and anonymous classes
- FieldDeclarationsShouldBeAtStartOfClass (ruleset java-design) has a new property called ignoreAnonymousClassDeclarations: Ignore Field Declarations, that are initialized with anonymous class declarations. This property is enabled by default. See feature #1244.
- ShortClassName (ruleset java-naming) has a new property called minimum: Number of characters that are required as a minimum for a class name. By default, 5 characters are required - if the class name is shorter, a violation will be reported. See feature #1232.