????? - 6.4.0-SNAPSHOT
The PMD team is pleased to announce PMD 6.4.0.
This is a minor release.
Table Of Contents
New and noteworthy
The new Java rule
java-security) detects hard coded keys used for encryption. It is recommended to store keys outside of the source code.
The new Java rule
java-codestyle) finds catch blocks, that catch different exception but perform the same exception handling and thus can be collapsed into a multi-catch try statement.
- The Java rule JUnit4TestShouldUseTestAnnotation (
java-bestpractices) has a new parameter “testClassPattern”. It is used to distinguish test classes from other classes and avoid false positives. By default, any class, that has “Test” in its name, is considered a test class.
- #1018: [java] Performance degradation of 250% between 6.1.0 and 6.2.0
- #1077: [java] Analyzing enum with lambda passed in constructor fails with “The enclosing scope must exist.”
- #720: [java] ShortVariable should whitelist lambdas
- #955: [java] Detect identical catch statements
- #1064: [java] ClassNamingConventions suggests to add Util suffix for simple exception wrappers
- #1065: [java] ClassNamingConventions shouldn’t prohibit numbers in class names
- #1067: [java] [6.3.0] PrematureDeclaration false-positive
- #1096: [java] ClassNamingConventions is too ambitious on finding utility classes
- #1100: [vf] URLENCODE is ignored as valid escape method
- The following classes in package
net.sourceforge.pmd.benchmarkhave been deprecated:
TextReport. Their API is not supported anymore and is disconnected from the internals of PMD. Use the newer API based around
TimeTrackerinstead, which can be found in the same package.
- #966: [java] Issue #955: add new rule to detect identical catch statement - Clément Fournier and BBG
- #1046: [java] New security rule for finding hard-coded keys used for cryptographic operations - Sergey Gorbaty
- #1101: [java] Fixes false positive for
DoNotExtendJavaLangError- Akshat Bahety
- #1106: [vf] URLENCODE is ignored as valid escape method - Robert Sösemann
- #1126: [java] Improve implementation hint in InefficientEmptyStringCheck - krichter722
- #1129: [java] Adjust InefficientEmptyStringCheck documentation - krichter722